Monday, July 28, 2008

Can you keep a secret?

As you can see I have added a new ticker to my blog! Jason and I are expecting again and Jayce is going to be a big brother. We are super excited and due March 23, 2009. I can't wait to see Jayce with a baby brother or sister. He just loves all the new babies that have arrived lately.
I titled the post "can you keep a secret" because we are always a little nervous to tell people that we are expecting. Then today I thought...why wait?! If something happens everyone is going to know anyway (I'm really not a private person). As some of you may know (or may not) I have had a few miscarriages (some before, one after Jayce). So it is quite a blessing that our little Jayce is here and healthy. And we feel incredibly blessed to have gotten pregnant with this baby (very easily) and pray that we will see this miracle arrive healthy and happy in March. I was asking Jason what we should do at dinner about telling people (I am going back to school where I usually spend the first few days moving heavy tables around for registration and we are having a dinner here this weekend and No, I am not good at keeping secrets). He looked at me a little funny and said, well there's not much you can do except pray and stay healthy (by stay healthy I think he was implying I should not eat the entire big ole fat hamburger I was eatting, but I ignored that part). Basically he was telling me to stop obsessing. You see I am a research freak and I drive my OB crazy. But he is very patient with me and I must say he is the best doctor in the world (who-you ask? Dr. Browning, McLeod OBGYN). Most of my very close friends know every little fertility issue, miscarriage, blood level, etc that I have gone through. I also share it with anyone I know that might be having fertility/miscarriage issues. Before I had Jayce I would think- why am I having to go through all of this. Now I know that it was for many reasons. One being that I could figure out that I am pre-diabetic (I have PCOS...it's an insulin resistance thingy....) and could start a medicine to reverse it(that'll help for the future) and the other is to let others know...a beautiful, healthy, baby will happen (it just takes patience). Which is ironic because I have no patience. I pray for patience daily. So if you ever want to chat about the whole having a baby thing, please call me. If I had the time I'd go back to school to be an OBGYN. Although I really think I know enough know to be one (just kidding)....
So more about the baby.....today I saw the heartbeat, yeah! I am 6 weeks exactly. I thought I was closer to 6 and 1/2. The ultrasound was a little scary, but she found it. I love the ultrasound girl too. I drive her crazy as well. Today when she couldn't find it I said "I am going to close my eyes and pray"...she said "me too" laughing. And a second later there it was.....a dot blinking. My doc sent off bloodwork so we are praying all my levels are still moving in the right direction. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. It's funny today the doctor asked if I needed some medicine for nauseau...I said "no way, that's how I know everything is going okay...." I am a weirdo! I'll know more Wednesday on the blood work and I'll be sure to post the good (or bad) news.
Please say a little prayer that everything continues to go well.

12 comments:

DeAnn Tiller said...

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to share your secret! I hope Jayce will get "his Laura."

rita and andy said...

Tara I am so excited for you guys! I am glad it's not a secret that I have to keep!!! Andy and I will be praying for you guys and I am so thankful that we get to share this precious time with you all.

Sue said...

Congratulations Tara! That is so exciting~Jayce will be a great big brother and we will pray everything goes smoothly. Take it easy going back to school. I know it is hard for me to let others do but take advantage and let someone else move stuff. Keep us updated on Baby Newton!

Catherine said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and your family. I will be praying for you daily. Jayce is going to be a wonderful big brother. Take it easy and let others help you!!

Ashley W. said...

I am glad I do not have to keep a secret anymore. I am excited for all of you and cannot wait to see Jayce as a big brother! You know that you and the baby have been in my prayers the last few weeks anyway, and will continue.

Amber and Matt said...

Congratulations! I wish you all of the best and will definitely be praying for you!

Matt and I haven't officially started trying yet, but we've never prevented. We plan to start next year, but I already have "what if" concerns since it hasn't happened on its own yet. I may be calling you in several months for advice.

Angie said...

I thought I saw a funny smile on your face at Rita's shower when someone asked you if you were ready for another one. Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys!

Amanda said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for you and Jason. I agree with Angie, I thought you had a strange expression on your face when asked if you were thinking about another baby soon. Too Funny! I am extremely happy for you, and I will keep you and baby Newton in my prayers!

WKing said...

Tara,
This is so strange. I have had you on my mind all summer.
Maybe it is because anyday now i am going to be a "grandmother"!
I even left you a voicemail this week.
I do want you to slow down and breathe this year. Take care of yourself and I will remind you too.
You are about the age of my daughter and remind me alot of her. So I will try not to be such of a mother, but a friend! After all I am still young you know.
Congratualations again to you and Jason.
Winnie

amyop said...

yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. can't wait to give u a big hug tomorrow:) Congrats!!!!
I am on that pray right now and will continue to baby Newton is here!~

amjackson said...

I wish I lived near you to give you a big ol' fat hug!! Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys. What a blessing. I will add you to my prayer list. Jayce will be a great big bro!! :)

Hope said...

Congrats Newtons!!! What exciting news!!!