Monday, July 7, 2008

Friends and Family

With J out of town this past Holiday weekend Jayce and I spent some quality time with friends and family. We spent part of the day on the 4th at the river with Tabby and Reese and friends then we spent the afternoon at Nonna's and Papa's. Jayce started back swimming underwater again (he did this last year as well)...only he wanted swimmies. I am not a huge fan of swimmies b/c I want him to learn to swim on his own. Which he did yesterday! Yeah! Back to the weekend. Saturday we spent the day at the river for Reese's B-day. Jayce fell in love with an "older" girl named Josie. She was great with him. Then Saturday night The Watson's were gracious enough to host us for dinner, fireworks, and a slumber party. On Sunday we rested a little and then Peyton came over to swim....and he and Jayce did just that. By the end of the day both boys were jumping from the stairs and swimming (with no swimmies)....I am going to take my camera out today to get some pics of Jayce in action.

I think it's safe to say Jayce is NOT into fireworks yet....even the smoke bombs were too loud.

Jayce didn't actually jump off the diving board this time but he has before.

Jayce at Nonna and Papa's

His girls ....

I must say we had a great weekend....but it just wasn't the same without Jason. I know he hates missing things we do while he is preparing for the CFP, but I think we miss him more. Only two more weeks and Jason takes his big exam. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed. Only 50% pass it the first time. However, we know he'll ace it the first time...he's a smart cookie!

5 comments:

Amber and Matt said...

Good luck, Jason!!!!

Amanda said...

Wow! I can't believe Jayce can already swim! That is great! He is definitely going to be a ladies man. He is so darn cute!

DeAnn Tiller said...

I love the slide you made in Ashley's blog! Weatherly will have to come try it out sometime. Looks like you all had a great weekend. I know you are looking forward to Jason being done. I'm sure he will do great on the test!

Ashley W. said...

We had fun, I will probably miss Jason traveling to Charlotte because we love to have visitors. I am sure Jason will do great on his test!

Anonymous said...

So Ashley says you are trying to kill her child, LOL! That was truly creative! Great thinking!!