Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update

So I know you are thinking....update your blog girl! Sorry, I've been slack. I have great news to share. Last night I heard the baby's heartbeat on my doppler (yes I rented one). I did with Jayce too. It's well worth the peace of mind it provides. So it appears everything is going well. My next doctor's appt is Sept 3rd. If they don't hear the heartbeat they'll do an ultrasound (I'll do my doppler before I go so I will know everything is okay before I arrive). I am hoping they'll bring me back in 4 weeks which will be 16 weeks and I'll get to find out what I am having. Would you believe that yesterday I was complaining about gaining weight so quickly. At some point it occured to me that I should shut up and be thankful for the pregnancy and the healthy baby that will come in March.
Jayce started back to MMO (school) this week...and loves his new class and teacher. He is learning the color red. To the teachers I say "good luck." I have been working on colors for a while and some days he has it and others not so much. I haven't really studied how to best teach colors (I know how to teach how to multiply fractions though). My hope is the ladies at MMO have this down pat. He is also starting Kindermusik. I am super excited about this. Jayce loves to sing and dance and now he'll get to do that and play some instruments.
Last weekend my brother and his wife and son came to visit from Washington. Would you believe I didn't take a single picture! I am so upset with myself. We had a great time....only Friday afternoon 5 minutes after walking in the door from work and telling them hello I started getting sick. It was the first time I have actually thought I was gonna throw up. I actually kept running to the commode and gagging.....it was gross and awful. But I know what I did wrong. A sugary snack on an empty stomach does not work well for me. Won't do that again.
Well, it's super busy at work. We have enrolled over 100 new students this year. Which means I am waist deep in records. But I really love my job~so I shouldn't complain.
I am just loving this cooler weather in August too. It makes me ready for football season. I wouldn't really call myself a "sports" fan, but I am really starting to enjoy going to the games. We have our tickets and parking all ready and Jason is already putting his birthday order in for a new Gamecock shirt. I am hoping that by next year Jayce will be ready to start going as well. (We are going to ask for seats on a lower row-this year Jason asked for better field position...obviously b/c he didn't have to take Jayce up and down the stairs last year like I did at the one game we took him too).
Well, I guess that about sums up the month of August. This weekend is going to be super busy and fun. We have a family pool party and Nana's (we're hoping Weatherly will get to come with us) and then we are off to the Wiggles in concert Sunday. You know I'll post some pics of that.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers for our little one on the way. We feel them daily.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well with the pregnancy!

amyop said...

Thanks for the update! I am so glad to hear that you heard the heart beat! Yipee how exciting! Can't wait to see you tonight at the Kick Off social! Griffin is coming too! Much Love

amjackson said...

I am so excited for you guys. Keep us up to date!! (That means don't be a slacker on updating your blog!! :))