I'll start with the good news. Jayce has started school and is loving it! He is doing great! This isn't the best picture but it's him leaving on his first morning. If only I would let him ride the bus, he said!
On a sader note, Ginger had to be put to sleep this week. If you know me (and obviously you do if you are reading my blog)...you have met Ginger. I've had her since my freshmen year in college. We use to have some fun with little Ging! Well, after 13 years she was blind and had developed a hear murmur and lost control of her bladder among other problems. So Monday we made the tough decision to let her go to Doggy Heaven. It's weird though, since having children Jason and I didn't notice or play with her as much as we use to. But now that she's gone, I notice she's not here. Jayce is taking it okay....he keeps asking questions about doggie heaven and why Jesus won't just send Ginger back. I tried to explain the Ginger was sick, his reply "I know that mama, I wanted Jesus to fix her and send her back." My reply "oh I understand." I then tried to explain that Ginger would rather be in doggie heaven because it's really great there....that only lead to more explanations as to why he can't go visit her. If only life was a simple as it is when we're 3 ("almost a grown up"-as Jayce told me today!)
2 comments:
Just now catching your blog update. I'm so sorry to hear about Ginger. I don't like thinking about when the time may come for Cheyenne. My Mom had to put her yorkie down just after Christmas last year. She was 17 years old! My prayers are with you guys!
So sorry to hear about Ginger!
Post a Comment