Monday, January 17, 2011

My baby is a Big Boy!


I usually don't cry when it comes to my kids getting older. I'm the parent that can't wait for them to have independence. Usually! However, yesterday at Jayce's 5th birthday party I almost started crying a few times. I'm not sure if it was the nice weather, the friends, the memories of the past few years, or the fact that JAYCE IS 5! When everyone was singing (including the kids!) I just couldn't get over how thrilled Jayce was that everyone was at his party. The kiddos are old enough to know it's a party and know the happy birthday song and everything. I just can't believe he's 5. I posted on facebook it takes a village to raise a child and I truly believe that. I believe the people we chose to put in our children's lives are the main factors contributing to their success in life. We are so very fortunate to have great friends, neighbors, and family that support us as we attempt to raise our children in the direction they should go. We are so very thankfull for our "villagers" which Jason told me should be "village people." Anywho, we love our village!
About 8 years ago my dad died and the day after we buried him I found out I was pregnant. We were not planning on having children quite that early in our marriage, but after recovering from shock we were thrilled at the thought of being parents. Sadly, we lost that baby and after a few more tries, 2 and 1/2 years laters we had Jayce. He was an absolutely perfect baby and we soon realized we was worth the wait. There are every day challenges with raising a strong willed, smart, active, little boy who is just like his mommy-but the rewards outweigh the challenges! I am so thankful for both Jayce and Jules, and Jason! So Happy Birthday to my little man, mommy loves you bunches and bunches!
So the plans for today, his birthday....a nice dinner. We asked Jayce where he would like to have dinner. What's your favorite place, Jayce? "McDonalds!" It seems like only days ago he was calling it FrenchFry Donalds. I think we may have him talked into Redbone. But if not, it's McDonalds for the birthday boy!

1 comment:

amyop said...

We had a great time! Love the post! Such sweet words to your Big Baby Boy!