About a month and a half ago I said I would blog every Sunday. Well maybe I should have said once a month,on Sunday. I like to post with pictures, but since my external hard drive died (I think I killed it when I dropped it)...I don't have any recent pics. I'll have plenty more by February.
As 2011 begins I think about the years that have passed. 10 years ago Jason and I married, 5 years ago we had Jayce, and then 2 years ago Jules. The last decade has been quite busy. I was thinking the other day about the next 10 years....
my first thought always goes to the kids. Jayce will be 15 and Jules 12. I can't imagine the two of them as teenagers. My prayer each night is that they make the right decisions during this time in their lives as these decisions will be some of their most important. Right now Jayce is very head strong. My hope is he will be a leader and not a follower (a leader in the right direction). Jules is such a sweetie, I hope as a teenager she stays sweet (esp towards her mommy). While both kids are a handful right now and sometimes I can't wait for bed time, I know that in the blink of an eye they'll be 15 and 12.
My next thought goes to technology...we'll probably be able to think about our "status" on facebook and it will posted automatically (scary). I often think about work when I am thinking about technology. In the last few years of my career technology has exploded. I wonder in 10 years if I'll be a principal? This year the principal at Moore will retire and I plan to go for the position. I think I am ready, but I know it's not in my hands. No matter what happens I am happy doing what I do now. I really love my job. I love working in a school. It's so hopeful and meaningful. My last thought usually goes to me and Jason. In 10 years I'll be 33 still. You see after this year I don't plan on aging anymore. My plan to make that happen?...eat good foods, exercise, and apply moisturizer. I am being serious! I don't do resolutions, but I do make plans. For the next 10 years I plan to take really good care of myself! Jason has started doing this as well. He'll always be months older than me though. Over the last 10 years my relationship with Jesus has really grown. I want this sweet, sweet relationship to continue to grow and blossom.
So for me it's off to bed for beauty rest! After I apply cuticle oil and foot cream.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, it's a NEW Decade for me!
1 comment:
I love it! Esp. the not aging part about not getting older!Lol! I think i might steal that as well!
Post a Comment