I just read an article in Redbook about remembering the little things your children say. If you know me, you know Redbook is my 2nd Bible. It said Blogging was the best way to do this. Well, I kind of already knew that. However, I've always written my blog with the idea others are reading it. When I've blogged. Poor Jules, I use to blog about Jayce all the time.....now it's quaterly. Instead of thinking of it as a way to remember the little things in life. I've always written about BIG moments in the Newton house. But I am changing all of that today. I've decided each Sunday night I am going to take time to write on my blog the little things that happened during the week. I have friends who are great with their blogs. And they are going to have to hold me accountable for updating mine each week, I hope.
Why is the title Life, Death, and Redbook? Well Jason's grandaddy passed away and we are getting ready to head to Andrews for the funeral (what a strong man he was). While we prepare to leave (pack, clean, etc)...we are trying to figure out how to best handle this with the kids. While Jules is too young to understand, Jayce is at an age where he questions things and understands most everything. So do we take him to the funeral, burial? Will this scare him? All questions to ponder today.
Which brings me to Life...yesterday Jayce and Weatherly were discussing Mammals and people and babies being in Heaven before they are born. It was deep for a couple of 4 year olds. This got me thinking-life is short! And they aren't little for very long. I mean my 4 year old was telling me that a whale is a mammal and humans "drink" oxygen. What happened to learnign to walk?
And so, I am left this morning with the promise to myself that I will blog weekly the little things that happen in this life.
Because, as Redbook said-you WILL forget the thing that was so funny that Jules did yesterday!
2 comments:
tara i am going to hold you accountable. i just recieved 2 amazing books of my blog from the first 2 years. i will have to share with you. as i was looking through pictures and reading post, i was amazed at some of the things i had forgotten. good luck!!
Yay! Very excited that you are going to keep up with your blog. Since I don't see anyone much anymore, its a great way to stay connected! Good luck!! :)
Post a Comment