Monday, December 22, 2008

December

I just love December! There's Christmas and my birthday and time off from work, shopping and food and family. This Decemeber we have been super busy. I think it's because Jayce is at the age where he really loves parties and Santa and he is just so much fun (and energetic). I want to make sure he gets to see everything....so we've had tons of parites and we made a trip to Bryson City to see the Polar Express.
Here are Weatherly, Peyton, and Jayce right after riding the train. The train ride was awesome. I had heard some negative things, but our experience was great. The hot chocolate was yummy and the Club Cars were perfect for our group.


While we were in the Mountains we stayed in a cabin up above the clouds. The drive up was quite the adventure, but the view was amazing. Jayce said "I can see the whole world!"


On the train ride after arriving in the North Pole, Santa boards the train to hand out the silver bells. Isn't Laura preciuos getting hers. Santa really liked Laura.

Here is Jayce and Daddy enjoying the yummy hot chocolate. I have been working to replicate their hot chocolate. I think the trick is making it with milk and using lots of rediwhip.


Again, an awesome view.

And last but not least, our little munchkin with Santa. He just loves Santa. This was from our Christmas Party (thanks Frank!).

I am so excited for Christmas this year. Jayce is the perfect age and Santa was went crazy this year with toys! We are hoping that one present for Santa will be ready....there was a broken charger with one of his big gifts. Hopefully we'll have that fixed today!
Well only 2 more days til Santa arrives. While it's super easy to get caught up in the "commercial" of Christmas it is most important to remember why we celebrate. We are truly blessed and I hope everyone has a magical holiday.

3 comments:

twcasselman said...

Oh, The Polar Express...I loved the ride. We went 2 years ago and it was wonderful!! One of our best Christmas memories. I can't wait until Carter gets older so that we can go again. It looks like you all had lots of fun, as well.

amyop said...

Too Cute! Again Don't forget to count us in for next year! It will be so much fun! Much love!

amjackson said...

I want to do that next year. I already prepared Josh! He thought it sounded pretty neat! What about baby updates? Names?