I guess I am going to have to accept that I am only going to update my blog once a month. However, school is almost out for the summer and I do everything better in the summer (gym, blog, etc).
Don't you just love May? It's that time of year when everything is pretty and new. I love it. Jason said the other day that May was his favorite month. I would agree, but I love December too. I noticed recently that it's May b/c Jayce has suddenly turned in to this independent little boy. He wants to do everything for himself and we have noticed lately that he will even play by himself for minutes. He is very head strong though. Everything must go as he thinks it should (I wonder where he gets that from). He has to be the one to pour his "Choc-O-Late" and everyone knows how well a 2 year old can pour a jug of milk. And when I took him grocery shopping on Memorial Day he insisted that we buy 2 Choc O Late milks because we didn't have any that morning when we got up. So I left the grocery store with 5 containers of milk. 2 of his cow milks (that's his white milk-Horizons has a cow on it) and 2 chocolates and 1 for daddy and mommy.
Jayce has this very precious routine for when I leave for work as well. He MUST walk me to the door, hug and kiss, then say bye-bye and wave like he is in a parade. It must be in that order as well. So lately, I have been a few minutes late for work.
It just amazes what he can say and do. Kids learn so quickly. Jayce can say anything and will say anything at any moment. Yesterday we woke up from his nap and wanted to go to the store to get a Laura (that's Weatherly's little sister). When I couldn't quite get him to understand that you can't buy Laura's at Target I finally said, okay we'll see if there in one at the store (we were going for diapers)....anyway, a few minutes after we were in Target Jayce announces...."yook mama there is a baby we can get like Laura" and he was pointing to a new little baby in her carrier. I was so embarrassed I had to tell the entire story to the new mom so she wouldn't think I was in Target looking for new borns to steal. Anyway, Jayce is ready to go see Laura every day now. I try to explain that babies cry a lot and mama would have to hold a baby a lot and wouldn't be able to hold him and he thinks about that for a few and then comes up with his solution. "No mama you would hold me and a baby". If only life was so simple! I mean why didn't I think of that.
I'll end this paragraph by saying that No, we do not have a baby planned in the next 10 months. Since Jayce has gained his independence I plan to enjoy him for another year or so. He's at that really fun age!
This has been a really busy month. I don't have any pictures downloaded yet to post. I'll work on that in the couple of weeks once I am out of school.
If you are reading this, pleae Jason in your thoughts the next month. He will be preparing for a very difficult certification. He will take a two day exam in July. He is pretty stressed about it...so Jayce and I will be vacationing a lot in the near future to give him time to study.
Jayce finished his last day of MMO for this semester. And he missed today b/c of a runny nose. This summer he will move to the big boy class. Well a real class where they go to Chapel and Crafts and everything. I can't believe how much he has grown since turning two. He is such a little gift.
3 comments:
That is so cute what he does in the morning! I can just picture it! I love May too! It has gone by too quickly!
Doesn't like it when things don't go as he planned......HMMMMMMMM... Gosh, Tara, you got a mini you!! :)(Except he looks like his Daddy to me! :)) I hope we can get together sometime this summer. I would love to come up and visit you guys for the day. Miss you!
I think that is so cute that you have a little planner. I enjoy watching all the different stages Austin is going through now, but I look forward to that independence and own personality age, too. Enjoy you summer off!
Post a Comment